Lynda Burch Watermedia
Southwest Contemporary Art
21"H x 21"W
18"H x 18"W
Mixed Media & Collage
19"H x 28"W
21"H x 21"W
Odd Man Out
8"H x 21"W
All my adult life I have admired luscious, juicy watercolors and vowed when I could retire, I would learn this art form. Never having studied art at all, I began in 1994, not waiting until retirement. I see watercolor’s magic formula as 1 part water, 1 part color, and 1 part artist’s intention. I love watching the colors mix together on the paper in unexpected patterns. The mystery of the medium offers excitement as you listen to the art unfold on it’s own, letting go of your control and experiencing spontaneous expressions on the paper. Yes, I am passionate about watermedia and I hope my audience feels it also.
I like using color in a big vibrant way creating moods to set the tone of the work. Free, bold and strong are words often used to describe my art. I am constantly turned on by new challenges and love experimental methods using related water mediums such as acrylics, collage, inks and layering techniques.
I have studied intensively, both at home and abroad, with many of today’s leading watercolorists. I am a Signature Member of the New Mexico Watercolor Society, the International Society of Experimental Artists, International Society of Acrylic Painters, a juried member of the Society of Layerists in Multi-Media and also a member of National Collage Society. I have been juried into many shows throughout the Southwest in the last few years.
A native of Texas, I chose to move to Albuquerque with my husband Jack in l981 and wouldn’t live anywhere else. I am currently showing in Amapola Gallery in Old Town,Fisher Gallery, 1620 Central, both in Albuquerque, plus the Museum Gift Shop at the Albuquerque Museum.
Lynda C. Burch Resume
- ISAP Signature Member Show, Paso Robles, Ca., Sept. 2011
- Park Fine Art Int. Show Tour, China & Korea, Fall 2011
- Texas & Neighbors Regional Show, April 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, Irving,Tx
- NMWS Fall Show, 1999, 2000-02, 2005, 2006, 2008-09, 2011, Albuquerque, NM
- Society of Layerists in Multimedia Shows, 2003, 2006, 2011
- International Society of Experimental Painters 19th Exhibit, Michigan, 2010
- NMWS Spring Show, First Place and Honorable Mention, May, 2009
- Pikes Peak Watercolor Society International Watermedia, Colo., 2009, 2005
- NM State Fair Fine Arts,2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001 Honorable Mention
- Wyoming Watercolor 23rd National Exhibit, Honorable Mention, 2008
- Bardean Miniature Arts Honorable Mention Mixed Media, April, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Western Federation of Watercolor Societies 32nd Exhibit, Honorable Mention, 2007
- International Society of Acrylic Painters Show, May 2008, 2007, San Luis Obispo, Ca.
- International Society of Experimental Artists Annual Exhibit, Oct. 2004, July 2006
- Miniature Arts Bardean, Third Place April 2004, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001
- Arizona Watercolor Assoc. Spring Show Presidents Award, May 2006, 2007, 2005, 2004
- Western Colorado Watercolor National Show, March 2006, 2009, Grand Junction, Co.
- Watercolor Wyoming XX Annual National Exhibit, October, 2005, Sheridan, Wyo.
- National League of American Pen Women NM Exhibit, Sept. 2005, Socorro, NM, HM NMWS Signature Exhibition, August 2005, Albuquerque Museum, 2006 Socorro, NM
- NM Watercolor Society Spring Show, 2001, 2003-04, Merit Award, 2005-06, 2009-10
- NM Watercolor Society Fall Show, Oct. 2004, Third Place, 1999, 2000-02
- First Frontier Collage Society Exhibit, Sept-Oct. 2006, August 2004, Austin, Texas
- The 15th Annual Fine Arts Show, October 2003, Corrales, NM
- Arizona Watercolor Association National Exhibition, September 2003, Phoenix, AZ.
- Arizona Watercolor Assoc. Fall Show, November 2002 and 2003, Phoenix, AZ.
- Masterworks of New Mexico April, 2000, 2002, 2004, Albuquerque, NM
- New Mexico State Fair Hispanic Arts Show, September 2001, Honorable Mention,
- Arizona Watercolor Association National Watercolor Exhibition 2000, Phoenix, AZ. and Arizona commission on the Arts Two-Year Traveling Exhibition
|January 1, 2013||
My Studio, 369 Big Horn Ridge NE
Call 856-0195 for appointment
|May 4 - 5, 2013||
594 Applewood, Corrales, #5 on tour
|May 4 - 26, 2013||
Fine Arts Building, Expo, NM
Hours: Thursday-Sundays 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|June 1 - 2, 2013||
21st Old Church Artfest - Corrales
Old San Ysidro Church, 966 Old Church Rd. Corrales, NM
Free Admission & Parking, 10-5 daily
|June 21 - 23, 2013||
Manual Lujan Building, Expo, New Mexico
My first year for this show
|September 7 - 8, 2013||
My Studio - 369 Big Horn Ridge NE
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily; 16 artists featured in 10 locations
|Albuquerque Old Town|
Albuquerque Museum Gift Shop
Palace of Governors Gift Shop
|Plaza, Santa Fe, NM|
|1620 Central SE, Albuquerque|
Content copyright by Lynda Burch Watermedia.